August 18, 2013 by Tammy
Bananas + peanut butter + vegan ingredients = one awesome breakfast.
Vegan French Toast
-6 slices bread (I use gluten free cinnamon raisin)
-organic peanut butter, to taste
-1 banana, mashed
-almond milk, to thin
-ceylon cinnamon, to taste
-vanilla extract, to taste
1. Place your skillet (we use cast iron) over medium low heat (a setting of 3-4).
2. Spread peanut butter over 3 pieces of bread. Make into sandwiches with the other 3 pieces of bread.
3. Combine mashed banana, almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla with a fork.
4. Dip the sandwiches into the mixture, and cook on the skillet for about 2 – 3 minutes on each side.
5. Top with your favorite toppings. We like organic maple syrup and/or organic no sugar added apple butter.
Note: I had leftover banana mixture, so this recipe could probably serve 4 people if you use more bread and peanut butter.