October 19, 2013 by Tammy
This is my favorite quick dinner. We heat up some Hilary’s Veggie Burgers (these are seriously the world’s best veggie burgers) in the toaster oven, smack them between some corn tortillas that have also been warmed in the toaster oven, and throw on some tahini, salsa and lettuce. We serve them with these absolutely amazing honey mustard collard greens that even our toddler gobbles up with gusto. Enjoy! Note: I also love these burgers in a lettuce or collard wrap.
Honey Mustard Collard Greens
Serves 2 adults and 1 toddler
-1 bunch collards, chopped into 1″ squares (it’s ok to eat the stems)
-about 2 T veggie broth
-1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
-about 1 T dijon mustard
-about 1 T raw honey
-about 1-2 T balsamic vinegar
-salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat dry skillet over medium heat.
2. Saute the onions in veggie broth. When they start to get soft, add the collards.
3. Cover the pan to help the collards wilt down.
4. After about 3 or 4 minutes, add balsamic vinegar. Cover again.
5. After another 2 minutes, add mustard and honey. Turn off heat and keep uncovered.
6. Now, make your veggie burgers. Easy. And super yummy.